• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Today's Visitors (1 Viewer)

Lovely to see young martins, I've not seen that much of them this year though there were the usual party collecting mud at the river on my patch. I did see a sand martin on the wires amongst the swallows at the mill last week though, which was lovely as I like those even more than house martins!

My tame collared dove is 'still' around, and still looking good - she really is quite a few years old now, I'm always surprised to see her when she turns up after disappearing for a while, especially with so much sparrowhawk activity! My new regular, rather moth-eaten, robin is coming to see me regularly for suet and gathered the courage to take a piece from my hand yesterday, though whether it will repeat it is touch and go - some birds go for it in a bold way after the first try (which my old dove did) but others never really lose their nervousness and keep their distance, sometimes not repeating it.

Oh, and I had a gorgeous Ruby-tailed wasp checking out the holes in the mortar in my back wall yesterday. I got a really close view and it shone in the sunshine! Beautiful insects, they really are!

Sparrows, in the bush next to the back door. Every time I go out side they panic.|^||=)|

Attachments

• P1060365(1).jpg
    P1060365(1).jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 7
One GSW, two jays, one treecreeper, one nuthatch, chaffinches, great tits, blue tits, one LTT, wood pigeons, magpies, one robin all been in today.

The Goldfinches are back, usual Blue,Coal & Great Tits & a very tame Robin.

Strangly we have very small baby Pond Skaters zipping around the surface of the pond. I hope they grow quickly, else they won't survive if it gets colder.

Typical that Kits!
LTT's here today, they were waiting in the Willow, with the Goldfiches as I filled the feeders. Also had Blue, Great & Coal Tits, Starlings, Dunnock, Sparrows & my very tame Robin, who got so excited that I was filling the feeders he forgot how close I was & landed on the pellet feeder near my hand, grabbed one & flew off to eat it.

Feeding frenzy going on here. GSW, treecreeper, nuthatch as wells dozens of great tits, blue tits, coal tits and chaffinches.

There were six cock pheasant strutting around the back garden this morning. They were all spread out or I would have taken a pic!

Sparrow hawk flew in this afternoon and sat surveying the world from the top of a feeder. A friend was here for the afternoon and she was fascinated as she'd never seen one so close before. My getting up to fetch the camera made it fly off.

Our female Blackcap is back here. I think it's the one we always get, unless they all act the same way guarding the bird table as she does.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back