• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

coolpix 4500 (1 Viewer)

eagle33

Craig Shaw
Hi, i at present have a coolpix 4500 which is becoming un-usable. I am looking to buy a new camera for digi scoping and was wondering wether i should buy another coolpix 4500 or is there a better model for digiscoping on the market now. any opinions welcome.
thanks

craig

eagle33 said:
hi thanks
glad you said that just brought another.

craig

Where did you get it from Eagle, how much, have they any left?

As you can guess - I'm having trouble with mine too.

D

delia todd said:
Where did you get it from Eagle, how much, have they any left?

As you can guess - I'm having trouble with mine too.

D

Try warehouseexpress.com they have some new ones at a good price. :cool:

Wish I could afford to buy another in anticipation of the day my current one calls it quits.

It's a camera that's good at everything. Put it on the scope for birds. Take it hiking for wildflowers, etc. And it's durable, too.

The last two Nikon swivel-bodies have been pure crap in comparison. Why Nikon chose not to continue this quality camera line, instead producing god knows how many different little put-in-your-purse digi-turds, is beyond me.

Adam

unicoder said:
Try warehouseexpress.com they have some new ones at a good price. :cool:

Thanks Unicoder - I'm checking the site out now - seems it would be sensible for me, seeing as I have loads of batteries and cards and scope adapaters for it.

D

Oops Just placed the order. Hope I get it before my hols at the weekend.

D

delia todd said:
Oops Just placed the order. Hope I get it before my hols at the weekend.

D
i managed to get a nearly new second hand one off ebay

There are brand new ones from germany on ebay going for around £250. warehouse express is probably your best bet for a new one.
craig

Blackstart said:
Wish I could afford to buy another in anticipation of the day my current one calls it quits.

It's a camera that's good at everything. Put it on the scope for birds. Take it hiking for wildflowers, etc. And it's durable, too.

The last two Nikon swivel-bodies have been pure crap in comparison. Why Nikon chose not to continue this quality camera line, instead producing god knows how many different little put-in-your-purse digi-turds, is beyond me.

Adam
It is a brilliant camera

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back