• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Computer doodles for those that can't paint! (2 Viewers)

Dave - You actually did that with a MOUSE?? That really is fabulous close control (RyanGiggsy-esque) and no small amount of creativity. Very good!

Wish i could doodle like all of those, couldn't even manage anything close with a pencil never mind a mouse!! :(

Here's my attempt (cheat) ;-)

Attachments

• WaxwingSketch.jpg
    WaxwingSketch.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 122
timwootton said:
Dave - You actually did that with a MOUSE?? That really is fabulous close control (RyanGiggsy-esque) and no small amount of creativity. Very good!

Hi Tim (and thanks Ed)

The key is to blow the pic up REALLY large, and then go pixel by pixel. Pretty laborious work really, and another reason why I covet Ed's pen and tablet!

Dave

jeff said:
Wish i could doodle like all of those, couldn't even manage anything close with a pencil never mind a mouse!! :(

Here's my attempt (cheat) ;-)

There's something I really like about your Waxwing Jeff - the simplicity of the lines I think. In fact I did a bit of tinkering with it (sorry if that isn't kosher!) and simplified it yet further by taking all the colour out of it and bringing out some of the line s a bit more. Hope you like it. Looks a bit like a local bird club logo now. Any takers??

Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• WaxwingSketch.jpg
    WaxwingSketch.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 103
Oi - If we're starting a design agency - I'm IN!!! - But I also wanna be creative director, and I wanna be captain, and I wanna be wicket-keeper AND bowler (at the same time) and I wana 4 hour lunch break, oh, er - Sally reminds me I already have that!

timwootton said:
Oi - If we're starting a design agency - I'm IN!!! - But I also wanna be creative director, and I wanna be captain, and I wanna be wicket-keeper AND bowler (at the same time) and I wana 4 hour lunch break, oh, er - Sally reminds me I already have that!

Maybe you should apply to the England cricket team!
;)

Just downloaded artweaver. Not bad for a freebie. First attempt with a quick sketch, think I'll take Dave B's advice next and blow it up big first, rather than accept the default size...

Attachments

• Barnacles.jpg
    Barnacles.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 119
Wow - some really great efforts here! (btw, I love your waxwing, Jeff, 'smudging' an all, it really looks like some of the Japanese artist's brushwork)

How about some Christmas Card ideas anyone? - Pheasants, Robins, snow, stuff, ya know ...

heres a couple of my very feeble attempts - but hey, maybe it'll inspire some decent Santas, who knows ;)

deborah4 said:
Wow - some really great efforts here! (btw, I love your waxwing, Jeff, 'smudging' an all, it really looks like some of the Japanese artist's brushwork)

How about some Christmas Card ideas anyone? - Pheasants, Robins, snow, stuff, ya know ...

heres a couple of my very feeble attempts - but hey, maybe it'll inspire some decent Santas, who knows ;)

Very nice, your all too talented.

The waxwing was using drawing sofware on a photo, i like the cleaned up version though :)

Dave B said:
There's something I really like about your Waxwing Jeff - the simplicity of the lines I think. In fact I did a bit of tinkering with it (sorry if that isn't kosher!) and simplified it yet further by taking all the colour out of it and bringing out some of the line s a bit more. Hope you like it. Looks a bit like a local bird club logo now. Any takers??

Thanks
Dave

Anyone do any better ;)

Attachments

• Unofficial-Guide2.jpg
    Unofficial-Guide2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 106
jeff said:
Anyone do any better ;)

There y'go Jeff, now all you need is the website and the birdline will soon follow. Reckon you're in the money mate!

Meanwhile, back at the Photoshop, I've been inspired to have another doodle with the mouse this evening on my earlier Malaysian Plover head. I LOVE the way you can go back to something, try different layers, and fiddle around ad infinitum. Great for a compulsive perfectionist like me!

Not finished yet, but it's come quite a long way since last time.

Merry Christmas

Dave

Attachments

• Malaysian Plover head 2.jpg
    Malaysian Plover head 2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 97
Dave B said:

Meanwhile, back at the Photoshop, I've been inspired to have another doodle with the mouse this evening on my earlier Malaysian Plover head. I LOVE the way you can go back to something, try different layers, and fiddle around ad infinitum. Great for a compulsive perfectionist like me!

Not finished yet, but it's come quite a long way since last time.

Merry Christmas

Dave

That's looking very smart - the latest changes give it a nice substantial, filled out feeling.

Merry Christmas

Ed K

desgreene said:
This is my first go with the pen tablet I got for Christmas...
Happy New Year, Des - looks like someone received a pressie he's happy with! Really nice work, I'm very impressed with the 'character' you've put into the piece.

timwootton said:
Really nice work, I'm very impressed with the 'character' you've put into the piece.

That sums it up nicely! Couldn't have put it better myself. Well done Des. I'm struggling for momentum on this thread as I inadvertently deleted all my photos and pics from BF a few weeks back, sorry 'bout all the gaps now!

Happy New Year to all you Doodle Dudes!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back