• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Well! That didn't take long! (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
Earlier this afternoon I decided to move one of the seed feeders from the feeding station in the back garden and to hang it from the silver birch in the front. Since I spend more time in my study (at the PC! :king:) than in the sitting room, it makes sense for me to have feeders in the front. Indeed, I already have my scone feeder hanging in the same tree.

People say it takes time for birds to recognise and feel safe with a new feeder. Mine has been up 15 minutes and so far great tits, blue tits, a coal tit, a chaffinch and a LTT have visited it. I guess they recognise it from the back! :-O

Am really pleased I moved it. :t:

Oh my! A nuthatch has literally just landed on it!

Last edited:
Good move, Kits, now if the forums get boring during the day, you can gaze out of the window instead & look at the birds.

That certainly didn't take them long to find their new restaurant Kits!! Nuthatch too! Now you'll have 'the front gang' and 'the back gang', wonder if you'll get a 'turf war'? :-O

I've bought a niger feeder and am wondering how long before the Goldies (they are regular visitors) find it. They are normally partial to sunflower hearts, but I thought I would give them a treat.....

As for a Nuthatch...chance would be a fine thing!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back