• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackcap ? (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
Another little brown-un. My guess is a female Blackcap but more then likely that I am wrong.

Thanks

Attachments

• black1.jpg
    black1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 243
It looks more like a Phyllosc to me - and assuming it was taken recently and taking into account its dullness, I'd suggest Chiffchaff.

Can't really be anything other than a Chiffchaff, but there is no hint of a supercilium and the feet look rather pale, even pinkish. Any more photos Roy?

I am surrounded by thousands (literally) of "Chiffies" at the moment and no two birds look exactly the same.

Colin

Colin Key said:
I am surrounded by thousands (literally) of "Chiffies" at the moment and no two birds look exactly the same.

Colin

How i envy you! i'm getting a bit bummed out with winter now. pleased to say spring isnt too far off. Are they all in song too?

Colin Key said:
Can't really be anything other than a Chiffchaff, but there is no hint of a supercilium and the feet look rather pale, even pinkish. Any more photos Roy?

Colin
No more shots Colin - just had this snatched shot before it was off.
Thanks
Roy

Krispo said:
How i envy you! i'm getting a bit bummed out with winter now. pleased to say spring isnt too far off. Are they all in song too?

No Kristian, the Chiffs are not singing yet but the Bluethroats certainly are, and what a beautiful song it is - never had as many overwintering here before. I counted 24 different birds this morning, and all showing very well (because I didn't have my camera with me!!). They will be gone by the end of the week when the Woodchat Shrikes arrive - never seen both species here at the same time.

Colin

Colin Key said:
No Kristian, the Chiffs are not singing yet but the Bluethroats certainly are, and what a beautiful song it is - never had as many overwintering here before. I counted 24 different birds this morning, and all showing very well (because I didn't have my camera with me!!). They will be gone by the end of the week when the Woodchat Shrikes arrive - never seen both species here at the same time.

Colin

Right now you really are making all the British birders jealous

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back