• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UV 7x42 HD+ ; Winged eyecups, Case (1 Viewer)

Anyone sourced winged eyecups that fit this model ?

Or a sturdy leather case?

Regards
Andy

Andy,

FWIW I know that the stretch on "Horned Eye Cups" that came with my Nikon 10x32 EDG fit the eye cups on my Leica 8x42 Blackline perfectly. I have used them successfully on a number of occasions. They also fit on the eye cups of my Zeiss Victory 7x42 T* FL. Unfortunately they are getting hard to find.:-C

The eye cups on the Ultravids are slightly different in design than the Blacklines being rounded off rather than flat. The Horned eye cups are made of thick soft rubber which stretches around the eye cups.

Bob

Last edited:
I've asked friends who spend much of the year in America to get me a case. The eyecups can wait till the sun is out more.
I'm certainly enjoying the relaxed 7x42 view, and have used them everyday since they arrived.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back