• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrows and Elephants (1 Viewer)

Linda Beaumont

Hi All !

Just received an e-mail with a beautiful - and TRUE - story that I wanted to share with you all. It's slightly bird-related (Sparrows - what else? ;)

No-one is insignificant in God's eyes, and His care for sparrows, finches, eagles and elephants is a constant reminder that He cares for you, and for me. What He makes, He cherishes.

Consider the elephants of the Pavillion Hotel in Phuket, Thailand, where one of the most popular attractions is elephant rides.

As many as eight people on one elephant, first into the surrounding forest then down to the beach, to lunch at a fresh water lagoon, then back to the hotel.

"Our nine elephants," writes Pavilion Hotel Group manager Jim France, "are kept chained to in-ground posts, not because they need to be, but because it makes the tourists feel better because their children seem safe from a tromping when they're feeding the beasts."

"About twenty minutes before the first wave of the recent Tsunami hit, the elephants became extremely agitated and unruly. Four had just returned from a trip and their handlers had not yet chained them.

In a desperate panic, the four elephants helped the other five tear free from their chains. They all then climbed a hill and started bellowing.

Many people followed them up the hill. Then the waves hit."

"After the waves subsided, the elephants charged down from the hill, and started picking up children with their trunks and running them back up the hill. When all the children were taken care of, they started helping the adults." "God's elephants" rescued forty-two people that day. Then, they returned to the beach and carried up four dead bodies, including one of a child.

Not until the task was done did they allow their handlers to mount them.

Then, with handlers atop, they began moving wreckage.

So remember, whatever God makes, He cherishes.

Including elephants, sparrows, and you.

Happy bird-day to all my friends! :hi:

Hi Chanteuse,

Thank you for posting that, I'd not heard that before.

And we (humans) think that we are superior to the rest of the animals.

Love, Bill.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back