• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2, Putumayo, Colombia, December (1 Viewer)

oleic

Hi
Need help with ID.
Pic from 800 to 1500 msl
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3273.jpg
    IMG_3273.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3338.jpeg
    IMG_3338.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3426.jpg
    IMG_3426.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3422 (1).jpeg
    IMG_3422 (1).jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 34
1- Cannot be ID'd off just this photo and a location of Putumayo. Some sort of Foliage-Gleaner or similar, Buff-throated or Rufous-tailed Foliage-Gleaner would be possibilities.
2- Probably a Pewee of some sort though could even be an Empidonax, photo quality isn't amazing.
3- Another female "Tanager"
4- Another female "Tanager"

Again better location and altitude information would help, especially for trying to guess 3&4

All pictures are from La Isla escondida. Just outside Orito.
The reserve have trails going between 800 and 1500 msl.

I wonder if 2 is Olive-sided Flycatcher, they often perch up like this.

I'd have thought the distinction between the olive breast sides and the whiter breast centre to be more marked if olive-sided—even in a pic of this quality. (Also got impression of a longer bird on the occasions I've seen that species.) I think this is probably a wood-pewee.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back