• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (2 Viewers)

Chestnut-throated Seedeater, Sporophila telasco

I ticked 66 life birds in Peru in October and November, including a Chestnut-throated Seedeater, Sporophila telasco, at Refugio de Vida Silvestre Los Pantanos de Villa, in Lima on the last day, November 5, 2019.

Carlos Chuquilín of IKAM Expeditions led Patricia and I on a stunning trip across the Andes, from Chiclayo to Moyobamba.
https://ikamexpeditions.com/

Attachments

• chestnut-throated Seedeater DSCN4514.JPG
    chestnut-throated Seedeater DSCN4514.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 25
The usually ultra-shy Copper Pheasant at Karuizawa, Japan on 29th November - and one of my top birding targets - was superseded by an ultra-tame Japanese Night Heron back in Hong Kong just a few days later.

Cheers'
Mike

Attachments

• DSC00349 Japanese Night Heron @ Sai Kung CP.jpg
    DSC00349 Japanese Night Heron @ Sai Kung CP.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00244 Copper Pheasant @ Karuizawa.jpg
    DSC00244 Copper Pheasant @ Karuizawa.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
#384- Long-eared owl. Perched along the Trinity River near downtown Dallas and seen by dozens before I caught up to it on its 6th (and final) day seen. Among the highlights for the year

California Condor - 26 of 'em - at the Vermillion Cliffs in Arizona.

Almost got the car stuck in the snow (the road isn't plowed), but mission accomplished!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back