• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (4 Viewers)

a great daring composition, all those people who say a bird should always be looking into a picture are way off the mark! This is going to be brilliant!

Dead right, Nick - it's looking totally fab! This is a really strong composition, Arthur - the path winding towards us and the giant tree trunk against this dynamic shape of a maggie - can't wait for the 'reveal'.

I haven't commented on anything for a couple of weeks, but I've got to say I think this pic's going to be a stonker!

Woody

Taking a walk down bluebell way

a challenge that I wanted to have a go at.

+ Woody's sug. ref the bill.

Attachments

• mag4.jpg
    mag4.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 102
  • mag5.jpg
    mag5.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
a challenge that you've pulled off very well indeed, it is simply beautiful. The colours are superb and the bird is every bit alive. Very well done!

Nick's in first again, and he's dead right. Super result - clever stuff, Arthur.
Have you considered putting together a portfolio and letting some greetings cards companies see the designs. It's a very competitive market, but you may just surprise yourself.

I really, really like this one Arthur. Just one thing bothers me though, and it's probably only to do with the screen resolution, I can't make out the beak too well. I would have expected to see it more clearly, perhaps it could do with darkening slightly? Obviously you have the original in front of you and it's your work so please just ignore me if I'm being daft!

Other than that it's a great pic all round and, I agree with Tim, I reckon greetings card companies could be very interested in your work.

Woody

Thankyou all three, Woody I had alook at it and totaly agree with you . just a touch more plus took again with a close up of maggie.

thanks for your suggestions but Im'e a free agent still exploring and trying dif. styles + never exhibeted or sold one of my pictures. just enjoying my retirement.

Attachments

• mag5.jpg
    mag5.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 105
  • mag6.jpg
    mag6.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 107
It's great Arthur. I knew I was going to like the final piece, and I do. Compositionally it's very strong and your highly individual, graphic style works a dream.

Woody

Hi Arthur, I have just seen your work for the first time and I am gobsmacked.Your pen and ink are amazing, and you manage to capture the essence of the birds so well. Keep up the good work.
Phil.

Thanks Phil its nice to know you enjoy my doodling.

As on the joint thread .Juv. Ringed Plover, nearly trod on him on the Beach this morning.

Attachments

• RP1.jpg
    RP1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 80
  • RP2.jpg
    RP2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 89
very well drawn, the gull is superbly balanced, and a good strong composition. I miss these birds very much!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back