• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Securing scope to tripod head (1 Viewer)

amh2029

Hi all,
I find that when I'm carrying my scope (78mm lens, so it's quite big and heavy) the screw connecting the scope to the tripod head works loose. Any suggestions on how to tightly secure one t'other?
Andrew

amh2029 said:
Hi all,
I find that when I'm carrying my scope (78mm lens, so it's quite big and heavy) the screw connecting the scope to the tripod head works loose. Any suggestions on how to tightly secure one t'other?
Andrew

I use Loctite Threadlocker. Use the Blue it is easier to get undone with just tools.

amh2029 said:
Hi all,
Andrew
I had that worry with my old tripod although my new one seems less inclined to come unscrewed. I always try to make sure that the strap of the scope case is looped around the head of the tripod enough that if the worse happened aand the scope and tripod parted company, the scope wouldn't hit the ground.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back