• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More New England Owls.. (1 Viewer)

NE Birds Plus

A sunny day on the North Shore of Massachusetts found these two Owls hunting over the marshes. Taken with a Nikon Coolpix 995 attached to a Leica Televid scope using a 20x eyepiece for the Short-eared Owl and a 32x for the Snowy.

Attachments

• snowy owl 2-3-03 1b eab text.jpg
    snowy owl 2-3-03 1b eab text.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 271
Just beautiful, Phil. I will always envy people who can see Snowy Owls in their "backyard". I also envy those folks who see owls regularly in the day time. What's your secret?

these are some of the best photos of these owl species I have ever seen- outstanding Phil. Thanks for sharing these beauties and if you have more, please keep them coming :t:

Having the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge and several other large protected tracts nearby is my only "secret" to finding these Owls... The last few winters have been full of these and other wonderful Owls! Thank you all for the great comments. It certainly is a load of fun isn't it..

I'm with TonyK. I would also donate non-essential as well as essential body parts to see the Snowy Owl. Beautiful.

Phil, those are STUNNING photographs!! Whew!!

I don't know how far you'll go for owl pictures, but did you know that a Northern Hawk Owl has been hanging out near Albany, NY? He's been around since the middle of last week, I think. I'm pretty sure the RBA for NY would have the specific location info. I'm seen a couple photos of it -- and wish like crazy that Albany wasn't something like 14 hours away!!

Wonderful photos Phil, lovely lighting too. That snowy - I'd come across there to see it if rand/dollar exchange were better. You are so lucky.

Phil outstanding photographs... and what a trip you had. These are really wonderful shots.

NY Hawk Owl

We had a Northern Hawk Owl in the White Mountains of New Hampshire for a couple of weeks during December of 2000. I was lucky enough to see and photograph it. The New York Hawk Owl would be a
8 - 10 hour drive.. but thanks for the info!! I was using the originol Mavica with the floppy drive for the attached shots.

Attachments

• n. hawk owl 12-4-00 1aeab.jpg
    n. hawk owl 12-4-00 1aeab.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 216
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back