• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

High-speed Large Blue butterfly. (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
A report in The Times today ( no I have not gone down-market from the Yorkshire Post, I'm visiting my son ) tells of two colonies of Large Blue Butterflies taking up residence on railway embankments just yards away from the Taunton to Westbury line. These two colonies, plus Large Blues in 18 more locations are the result of introductions from the European population since the 1980s. After these colonies were found, Network Rail made improvements to the embankment to ensure that the conditions for the butterflies were perfect. For this Network Rail received a conservation award.

I say congratulations to Network Rail on their well deserved award. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

All the best.
Baz.

What a good piece of news, Baz, and how nice to be able to congratulate Network Rail for such positive action.

Thanks for letting us know.

Hi Baz,

A great piece of news, if Network Rail carries on like that we could well see the Blues making tremendous progress, it's certainly about time there was SOME good news for Butterfly species in general. Congratulations to Network Rail indeed!!

I hope you have a great time.

Love, Sue.

Hi Baz What a nice change to actually be able to congratulate a large conglomerate instead of berating them. Like Sue says good news for Butterflies, god knows they need it.
long time since I read the Yorkshire Post, not since I taught in Leeds.

PeterK

Hi Baz,
Isn't nice to read some good news for a change, instead of the doom and gloom we are used to.
Well done Network Rail, may other organisations follow their example.
George

Hi Baz,
I echo all the sentiments already expressed here!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Lets hope other companies take a leaf out of their book!!
All the Best

Well done Network Rail, keep up the good work :clap:

Thanks for the news Baz, it is very pleasing to read and hear positive news for a change! :t:

I can only echo everything said already. What a marvellous change to be able to congratulate a large body instead of having to complain about thoughtlessness.

Hi Baz,

Yes, applause, applause. See, they CAN do these things if the will is there.

I'll look on Brit Rail a likely more kindly now.

Bill.

Hi Baz yes well done to network rail on saveing the large blue, and makeing a profit for the first time since year dot.
reguards.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back