• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice for birding area in central Panama (1 Viewer)

Glimmer

Hi there!

I'm looking for birding areas in central panama, I will be in the country finally few days, I will be 6/7 days at Darien, after that I will have 3 nights for spend near Panama city (tow and a half entire days).

Any recommendation for a quite/relaxing site, with photographic possibilities (feeders. etc...), easy access by my own in this area? I will rent a car.

Many thanks!

I will second that. Depending on your budget, you might be able to find a BB in Gamboa, use the Rainforest resort in the same area or stay at the Radisson Summit where you can see a good number of birds from your hotel window if you get a room with forest view.

Niels

Hi there!
Any recommendation for a quite/relaxing site, with photographic possibilities (feeders. etc...), easy access by my own in this area? I will rent a car.

Many thanks!

I personally like Cerro Azul area. some few owners will rent their home and/or you can find places to rent on VRBO or AirB&b.
Lots of trails, safe, no one else around usually and some neighbors has feeders where you can go and shoot.

Thanks! You can go by bus to Cerro Azul? And is it possible to do the pipeline road on our own?

You can take the Metro to the "24 de Diciembre" station and in the Mall next to it is the bus terminal. The minibusses will drop you at the entrance to the neighborhood. Perhaps you can arrange with the tenant to pick you up by the entrance. You will still need a vehicle to move around in the community.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back