• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welney news ? (1 Viewer)

Andy Thatcher

Considering a visit to Welney tomorrow for an hour or two as I am in the area looking at dogs of all strange things.

Just wondering if anybody has been there recently and if so what is about ?

Loads of swans. I think there might be lots of Flood water around on the roads too. Look out for the Anthya Hybrids. I mentioned this to one of the wardens once & he looked at me with a knowing wink & said. The parents have been rather naughty hav'nt they?

CJ

Andy,
Hey man, there has been extensive flooding and Welney was closed but is probably open again now. Best check the WWT website for an update. I think the URL is www.wwt.org.uk

Ed

Its probably too late, but welney only has the main observatory open. I went yesterday and everywhere else was flooded. We saw Hundreds of Pochard and Widgeon, Mute and whooper swans, Tufted Ducks, Gadwall, Mallard, Bean Geese, Greylag Geese, Great Crested Grebe, Cormorant, Greater spotted woodpecker.

Ben

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back