• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (2 Viewers)

Just with reference to Ken's recent postings about dragonfly art (very beautifully done, may I add) I thought I'd stick these up here. Last year I was lucky enough to be invited to visit the beautiful island of Sark with the ANF and, although birds were passing through and offering interesting opportunities for fieldwork, I found myself gravitating towards a somewhat more macro approach . . . so much so that the locals took to describing me a s 'the one that draws insects' - nothing could be further from the truth, being a complete novice at bug-life (from life, anyway) - but they are accessible and they do often behave 'properly' for an artist, which is quite unlike the way birds can be.
Anyway - bugs from life;

Attachments

• red ad col.JPG
    red ad col.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 90
  • red ad mon.JPG
    red ad mon.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 58
  • rob fly.JPG
    rob fly.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 65
  • sol bee 1.JPG
    sol bee 1.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 46
  • sol bee 2.JPG
    sol bee 2.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 55
Tim you have that gift of capturing what you see what ever it maybe. Tutorial superb.
arthur

Exactly. I happened to briefly see a Red Admiral while out today and thought of your sketches. But he was gone before I even could think about getting out the sketchbook.

I really do like the idea of drawing insects from life and it's nice to see such fine examples.

As far as the double entendres downthread......... I think it safest to let them be.

As a BirdForum moderator I am kept fairly busy, so it is always a pleasure for me from time to time to take a leisurely stroll through your awesome artwork threads!

Thanks, Tim!

Tim has very kindly donated a number of illustrations from past Orkney Bird Reports, together with a few more bits and pieces for sale on e-bay in order to raise funds for the Orkney Bird Report.

Some have just gone on e-bay - Tim Wootton Orkney Bird Illustration - and more will follow over the coming weeks.

All profits from the sales will go to the coffers of the Orkney Bird Report in order to help with production costs etc.

This is an incredibly generous gesture by Tim and I expect you all to be even more generouser when bidding !!!!

Many thanks in advance for your bids - let battle commence !!!!!

Dropped a clanger and forgot to list them internationally . . . will get it right with next batch on the 23rd. If any "foreign" bids make it through will invoice you with p&p etc.

Last edited:
Tim has very kindly donated a number of illustrations from past Orkney Bird Reports, together with a few more bits and pieces for sale on e-bay in order to raise funds for the Orkney Bird Report.

Some have just gone on e-bay - Tim Wootton Orkney Bird Illustration - and more will follow over the coming weeks.

All profits from the sales will go to the coffers of the Orkney Bird Report in order to help with production costs etc.

This is an incredibly generous gesture by Tim and I expect you all to be even more generouser when bidding !!!!

Many thanks in advance for your bids - let battle commence !!!!!
Thanks Paul - mucho credit to you too - this isn't an easy undertaking, so thanks very much.
Happy Bidding folks!

I'll post this penultimate charcoal piece before everyone gets completely bored of them.
Fulmars - charcoal, 33"x22"

(don't forget the auction ;))

Attachments

• fulmars (800x540).jpg
    fulmars (800x540).jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 92
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back