• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New also from West Coast to the East! (1 Viewer)

theposse1939

Sedumlovr
I have a question re behavior of just one female cardinal. She is the only bird of this species here to figure out how to perch at the tube feeder. None of the other cardinals have managed this. I enjoy watching her as she has to beat her wings furiously to stay in place but she manages.

Do others out there have cardinals perch at a tube feeder, even though briefly, and take seeds?

I am excited to learn of the species new to me coming to my feeder here!

Hi theposse and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Very, very sadly, I don't get cardinals at my feeders. But some of my birds do seem to manage things that their peers can't.

Hi theposse and welcome to Birdforum. No idea about Cardinals sorry. We do have some Robins that have managed to sit on the seed feeders whilst others are happy to pick up the scraps.

Rich

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach :t:

Having dozens of Northern Cardinals, some feed at the feeders and others feed on the ground. Give it some time. When they are hungry they will perch ;)

Robins? Great! I am just learning to use this forum so I'll be lame for awhile. LOL Just had a pair of Robins nest(twice)in my neighbors carport! What fun watching the parents raise those four babies, then once they fledged they laid more eggs and those have hatched! I did not realize that here in the South they would raise two broods! Fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back