• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A camping trip (1 Viewer)

Hi Anthony,

NIce set of pics, you certainly spread yourself around. I especially like the Island in the 1st set, the road in the 3rd, and the ruins in the 4th. That sun shot in the last lot was a bit brave, be careful with those. Good shot of the Starlings coming to roost, tricky light.

Can't help much with the flowers I don't think, I'm pretty poor on flowers (and on most things except birds come to that) but the 3rd one may be Bird's-foot Trefoil.

What camera are you using?

Bill.

bill moss said:
Hi Anthony,

NIce set of pics, you certainly spread yourself around. I especially like the Island in the 1st set, the road in the 3rd, and the ruins in the 4th. That sun shot in the last lot was a bit brave, be careful with those. Good shot of the Starlings coming to roost, tricky light.

Can't help much with the flowers I don't think, I'm pretty poor on flowers (and on most things except birds come to that) but the 3rd one may be Bird's-foot Trefoil.

What camera are you using?

Bill.

Hi bill

Glad you like the pics, most where taken with my SLR (EOS 350D &sigma 28-300mm lens) but some, where taken using my compact camera (fuji F700).

to take the close up of the sun I never looked though the scope, I used the camera itself to line it up.

I dosn't matter too much about the flower ID's, but I will say that I was standing next to no less than 10 bee orchids today.

Anthony Britner said:
We just spent 6 hours doing circuit training in the College Gym.

Hi Ant

Just the six hours ... LOL! Blimey not sure I could manage six minutes! Well done you!

Hi Ant,
Great photos! Well done. I think the first flower pic is 'Matricaria maritima'-common name:false mayweed, scentless chamomile. The second I think is 'Cranesbill' -the Hardy Geranium. I'm afraid I've no idea what the third one is. Hope this helps.
Once again well done, great photos, good report and a good few birds seen.
All the best, Judo.

Hi Ant,
Sounds as though it was a great trip, even though there were only two of you, and you managed to see a good variety of birds.
I think that 3rd flower pic is Kidney Vetch.

Take care,
Janay :cat:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back