• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Planet of the Humans (1 Viewer)

I just watched it, and I thought it was pretty well done.

It was removed from YouTube due to a copyright strike on four seconds of footage by someone opposed to the message of the film. Al Gore perhaps? When Richard Branson was asked if he considered Gore a prophet, he responded "uh, how do you spell prophet/profit?". See the exchange here.

I think it's a good thing to look at the actions of these environmentalist groups and individuals with a critical eye. Unless you prefer to be lied to, so that you can feel good about green energy.

Since Michael Moore is an outspoken believer in anthropogenic global warming (AGW), it's refreshing to know that he, at least, is aware of the damaging environmental impacts of 'renewable' and 'green' energy projects. He is questioning the efficacy of the process, not its objectives.

Personally, I have no inherent objection to changing the world's reliance on "fossil fuels," if there were provably effective ways to do so taking into consideration undesirable environmental consequences. Not paying attention to undesirable consequences, however, is possibly worse than the original problem itself.

Ed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back