View Single Post
Old Tuesday 16th January 2018, 17:21   #13
ClarkWGriswold
Carpe Carpum
BF Supporter 2020

Had a cracking day in Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire today with Kev. Left Neath at 6 and headed up to Borth. Dipped on King Eider (again!!) and got totally sandblasted in the process. The wind was so strong my eyes were watering and the sand was stinging. Added the following:

98. Sanderling
99. Meadow Pipit

At Tan y Bwlch beach we headed to the jetty. Quickly added the following:

100. Purple Sandpiper - one of my favourites to take year total up to 100.
101. Rock Pipit

A couple of Chough were also present.

Now it was back to Carmarthenshire via the greasy spoon outside of Llangadog. At Cilsan Bridge there were 42 Whoopers and at Dryslwyn was a couple of Tree Sparrows.

102. Whooper Swan
103. Tree Sparrow

Now it was a quick blast down to Kidwely Quay. Chiffchaff and Goldcrests were by the car park and then we walked over to the entrance to the water works. A photographer from Bridgend was already there so we knew we were in the right spot.

104. Firecrest - much better views than I've had previously.

Our session was shortened due to an almighty hale storm. Again, stinging against the face. Back at the car park was #105 though.

105. Grey Wagtail

Decided to head home to collect the children with a stop at Pwll to see if we could bag a Kingfisher for Kev. No luck unfortunately but there was a distant Red-breasted Merganser.

106. Red-breasted Merganser

A cracking end to a cracking day.

Rich

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation