• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

135-400 APO Lens (1 Viewer)

stanacko

Hi
Any of you guys tried the Sigma 135-400mm APO lens with converter or with
out and what were the results. many thanks.
Stanacko.

Hi Stanacko

I have this lens & use it with my Eos 10D in all i`ve used it for well over a year now,it`s a sharp lens with good contrast the autofocus can be a bit noisy.Overall it`s a great lens in that price category.As regards TC`s I have a 1.4tc Kenko pro 300 the lens will autofocus in good light but can be prone to hunting & soft pictures,just make sure you use a good tripod handholding without the TC is possible with practice.A few other members use this lens have look in my gallery a lot of the pics in there are taken with this lens.

Cheers Steve.

135-400 APO lens

stevo said:
Hi Stanacko

I have this lens & use it with my Eos 10D in all i`ve used it for well over a year now,it`s a sharp lens with good contrast the autofocus can be a bit noisy.Overall it`s a great lens in that price category.As regards TC`s I have a 1.4tc Kenko pro 300 the lens will autofocus in good light but can be prone to hunting & soft pictures,just make sure you use a good tripod handholding without the TC is possible with practice.A few other members use this lens have look in my gallery a lot of the pics in there are taken with this lens.

Cheers Steve.
Hi Steve
Reason I ask, Friday I was at Bempton cliffs & got talking to a chap who had
the Pentax ist Loaded with the Sigma 70-300 APO macro and a cheap(his words) televue x2 I think thats what he called it and I was very impressed
with the set up,he said he still got auto focus which I have since been told
you do,nt, but you may with theKenko any way on doing my search on the
Sigma 70-300 I came across the lens in question and wondered if any body was useing it.Many thanks for the reply I think I may get one as thats about all my budget will allow at the moment after getting the Nikon d70.
Stan.

I've been using a Sigma 135-400 on my D70 for a couple of months and have just bought the Sigma 70-300 APO Macro ll for the times when the 135mm is'nt wide enough or I want something smaller to carry about. I find both lenses very good - bearing in mind the price - importantly for bird photography they don't suffer from CA. For a longish zoom the 135-400 is pretty easy to handhold. Most of the photos I've uploaded recently have been taken with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back