• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony W300 (1 Viewer)

Sony have produced some nice cameras in the W range so I'm sure the replacement will be worth having a look at. I hope they don't try and squeeze more megs into the small sensors though.
Neil.

Finished modifying adapter and at camera 3x have the camera between 6 and 10mm back from EP. At 1x and 2x the camera between 5 and 10mm back from EP. Tested it on Sparrows out my door and the WA is as good if not sharper then T. Attached is a crop of the original of the sparrow I just submitted to Birdforum taken at 1.7x on the camera with one sharpen in irfanview.

Attachments

• DSC04298crop.jpg
    DSC04298crop.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 155
Yes seems many of dealers are out of them, no longer available where I bought mine. Sony has been announcing many new models but seem to be going after the mass market.
The model that comes the closest is the w230, great price but no M mode and 4 instead of 3 power. MP has also dropped slightly - might be worth trying?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back