• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carpathians of Slovakia, June 2014 (1 Viewer)

bubo_bubo

Hi to all,

After having visited the Carpathians of Slovakia in April, I wanted to observe different birds in the same area. This time, photography of young birds, on and around the nest was the target. Nest photography is a sensitive endeavor. Nothing to try by yourself. So I laid my fate again in the hands of Milos Majda and Jaromir Michalec (www.wildlifeexperts.eu). In preparation I ordered a birdlist of the species from wildlifeexperts. The list included highlights as Black Stork, Golden Eagle, White-backed Woodpecker, Honey Buzzard, Lesser Spotted Eagle

For short: The trip in the beginning of June has been very productive. The area is located in a charming countryside which has to offer surprisingly good locations to shoot images of excellent birds. I have really enjoyed location, guides, host and the birds - as you can see in the gallery of bird-lens.com.

http://www.bird-lens.com/photos-2/carpathian-birds-in-slovakia-june/

Milos is performing guarding and monitoring the wildlife of the Carpathians in the Tatra Mountains for more than 20 years. First, Milos worked as a ranger for the Mala Fatra NP. Doing this job, he learned to climb trees with professional equipment. A job, which needs licenses in Slovakia, too which are renewed every year or so after having showed the necessary skills and knowledges. Now he is self-employed as a nature conservationists but is still doing research and monitoring for the various Nature und National Park authorities. In pursuing this job he has all the necessary permits inclusive entering the park roads and performing surveillance jobs also on nest of birds. More you will find in a blog here:

http://www.bird-lens.com/2014/07/07/tripreport-carpathians-of-slovakia-june-2014/

Ask me - also via pm - if you have more questions
Cheers

www.bird-lens.com

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back