• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help (1 Viewer)

Beetle 2 could be a seed weevil.
Check Lixus pulverulentus and let me know what you think :)
Seed weevils have a very different shape. The species I mention above is very common in southern Portugal (even in urban habitats) and so probably in southern Iberia. The yellow dusty appearance is very typical.

I have checked it out and do think it could well be that.The only reason I said the seed weevil is it was the nearest I could find in the uk books I have .I have since realised by the name he has saying looking for non natives it more than likely is the one you said, I was just trying to give him a different option to look at.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back