• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bill (1 Viewer)

JenHarrier

I've come here as I'm frantic with worry wondering what has happened to my old chum - just praying someone can help.

I used to be on the old BBC Forum, so some might remember me - and have been friends with Bill for over 9 years emailling pictures and chatting, but I last heard from him 13th February this year. He didn't reply to the birthday card I sent in April and there's no reply when I ring, so you can see how worried I am.

Love, Jennie

Hi Jennie,

You've had more recent contact than we have on here. According to his profile on here, it was October 2010 when he was last active one here, but it would seem that his last post was in April 2010. All I really remember was some comment regarding his arthritis, especially in his neck, which made time at the computer very uncomfortable. It would seem that reading posts was possible, but not the typing.

The other person who had off forum contact with him was Lydia (Chickadeedeedee), but she too has not been active since last August.

So, regret that, unless someone else on ExBeebs knows something that I don't, we're not much help to you. This forum has become somewhat depleted of members in recent months, but there may be someone else from the old days who still posts elsewhere on BF who may look in and see this. The only other suggestion I have would be to post this in Ruffled Feathers as well, someone else may spot it there.

If you do find out anything, please let us know on here.

Thanks Wendy, I will. I've sent an email via this Forum to Sue Wright, but it doesn't look as though she is active on here any more.

Thanks again for your help and maybe I will post here again sometime soon.

I do miss Bill and his quizzes - they always made you think.

D

Yes, delia, they were great. Did you ever see any of his wonderfully comic poems? At one time on the old Beeb Forum he gave poems to all 'his ladies' as he called us. Thankfully I've kept everything he ever sent me.

Jennie

Afraid not Jennie, I wasn't a member of the Beeb boards. My loss no doubt.

D

Oh yes! His poems! They were so clever. I hope you can find an answer, Jennie.

I've just been speaking to Bill's sister in law who told me that he's been in hospital for six weeks with what they thought was a blood infection, but it now seems there are other problems. She's seeing him tomorrow, so I will keep you updated if that is ok?

Jennie

That is sad Jennie - thanks for the update and I hope he soon feels a lot better.

D

Thanks for that, Jen. Yes, please do keep us updated and, if you can, get a message to him that 'his' ExBeebs are thinking of him and hope that he will soon be out of hospital.

The miracle is that going through the phone book, thinking it would take forever - the very first number was actually the right one!

I'm sending a card with a letter so will definitely add love from his chums at the Beeb.

Jennie

Bill's sister-in-law has just phoned. She saw him yesterday and said he hopes to be out sometime this week and to thank every one for their good wishes. Isn't that wonderful?

Jennie

Thanks Wendy, I will. I've sent an email via this Forum to Sue Wright, but it doesn't look as though she is active on here any more.

Hi Jenny, lovely to see you again! I know you, like me, have kept in contact with dear Bill via e-mails and photos and I'll contact you privately via PM in a moment as yours via BF possibly went to my old e-mail address - even though I've long since changed it to the new one!

Thanks so much to Dafi for alerting me to your message, you're a star!

Hi everyone, good to see some old friends.

Sue x

Hi Everyone,
I have just been catching up with the ex beeb posts, and thought how nice it is to see the names I remember from a while ago, delighted to hear Bill is going to be OK.
Do let us see more of all of you, Sue, Wendy, Kits, and everyone else that used to be regulars on here, sorry jen you must have been before my time
unless my memory is letting me down again.
Hoping to hear from you all soon
Regards
George

Thanks for the update, Jennie. I wish Bill all the best. Good to see some other "old" names too!

Hello George!

Yes, I'm a bit before every one's time!

I used to be on the old Beeb Forum with Sue, Ruth, Peter and Wendy. There was also a Val there - would this be palval?

Jennie

Hello George!

Yes, I'm a bit before every one's time!

I used to be on the old Beeb Forum with Sue, Ruth, Peter and Wendy. There was also a Val there - would this be palval?

Jennie

Well Jen I could not have been far behind you as I too was on the old beeb, and moved over when Peter set this up, and of course I remember all of those people you mention.
George
PS nice to meet you.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back