• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bill (1 Viewer)

Glad to hear he's able to leave hospital after being in so long.

Wasn't it BrianFM who got this forum going? Or maybe I'm getting mixed up a little.

Hello George!

Yes, I'm a bit before every one's time!

I used to be on the old Beeb Forum with Sue, Ruth, Peter and Wendy. There was also a Val there - would this be palval?

Jennie

Hi, Jennie, I don't think it was me, as I joined the Beeb boards in 2006, most of you before that I believe?

Hi Jennie

So pleased to hear that Bill is recovering.

I am not one of the former Beebs board people, but have been an X-beebs member since 2007 on BF, and I remember Bill well - funny how time flies by as it does.

Send Bill my regards if you can :flowers:

Regards
Kathy
x

Hello Peewit,

Nice to meet you. I did manage to speak to Bill for a few minutes in the hospital, but It was difficult as you can imagine with all the toing and froing of the nursing staff, but I did send all good wishes from his chums on this forum.

Val, I didn't somehow think you were the same Val from the Beeb - just needed to make sure......and I'm very glad you're not!!!!

Jennie

Hello Peewit,

Nice to meet you. I did manage to speak to Bill for a few minutes in the hospital, but It was difficult as you can imagine with all the toing and froing of the nursing staff, but I did send all good wishes from his chums on this forum.

Val, I didn't somehow think you were the same Val from the Beeb - just needed to make sure......and I'm very glad you're not!!!!

Jennie

Hi Jennie

Nice to met you too :t:

Just call me Kathy. :gh:

Keep us informed about Bill's welfare when you can! :t:

Regards
Kathy
x

Hello Peewit,

Jennie

Sounds ominous!:-O:-O

I was Palval on the Beeb boards as well in those days.

No Val,

I left before you joined as things were starting to go badly wrong and there were a lot of changes, not for the better, either.

I wonder if Ruth is still around and a lady who wrote very long essays about her outings - Nina? Strange how names just pop up. Nina used a wheelchair, but she knew all the best birdy places. I remember she said there were Goshawks where she lived, but although she gave me a map my husband couldn't find the place. Pity that.

Jennie

No Val,

I left before you joined as things were starting to go badly wrong and there were a lot of changes, not for the better, either.

I wonder if Ruth is still around and a lady who wrote very long essays about her outings - Nina? Strange how names just pop up. Nina used a wheelchair, but she knew all the best birdy places. I remember she said there were Goshawks where she lived, but although she gave me a map my husband couldn't find the place. Pity that.

Jennie

I joined from Springwatch 2006. I was only on the old Beeb boards for a short while, in 2007 they closed all the S&N boards, but I am still on POV.

Hi to all ex beeb old & new.
verry pleased get this news of quiz king Bill hope he is now starting to find is
health getting back to some kind normal so he he can join us all again.

All the best to you all.

Sounds ominous!:-O:-O

I was Palval on the Beeb boards as well in those days.

Hi Val

Great to see that you where on the orginal Beeb boards

Wish I was part of Beebs Forum myself as it is such as long time ago.

Times flies as we all know, and things change with all members on all Forums

Regards
Kathy
x

Hi to all ex beeb old & new.
verry pleased get this news of quiz king Bill hope he is now starting to find is
health getting back to some kind normal so he he can join us all again.

All the best to you all.

Hi Walt

Nice to hear from you again, Walt. :t:

I have not fogotten you, and others on here at all.

Just been busy with life, birding, and a company, which take up a lot of my own time.

Still I like to hear the latest foings on - on X-Beebs

Regards
Kathy
x

Hi Everyone!

Great news! I've just had a chat with Bill. He's out of hospital, still a bit weak, but recovering well - and sends his love to all his friends on the Beeb site!

Love, Jennie

Hello from another old exbeeber

Hello everybody,
I haven't been on here for quite a while. I was a regular, following on from the actual beeb, coming on with Brian, Bill, Sue, Baz etc. and enjoyed posting regularly until soon after my mother died in 2008. I must have suffered from some kind of mild depression or something because I couldn't bring myself to post anymore. Well, I'm not a real birder, just a garden birder who enjoys seeing what I see when I see it. I remember Bill saying that that's how he started, and although he was so knowledgeable, he never made anyone feel 'out of it' and it was a pleasure to read his posts.
Then I looked in sometimes and caught up with some bits of news, and remember Bill saying about not being able to use the computer. Lately, I haven't seen any of the old 'faces' on here when I have popped on, and have been wondering what has happened to many of them. I did send a birthday or Christmas 'card' to Sue some time ago, but perhaps it was the wrong email address. I am in touch with Judo though.
So it was fortuitous that I decided to look in now and see this question about Bill.
I really do wish him well, and hope to hear good news soon.

Best Wishes from Renée.

Hello everybody,
I haven't been on here for quite a while. I was a regular, following on from the actual beeb, coming on with Brian, Bill, Sue, Baz etc. and enjoyed posting regularly until soon after my mother died in 2008. I must have suffered from some kind of mild depression or something because I couldn't bring myself to post anymore. Well, I'm not a real birder, just a garden birder who enjoys seeing what I see when I see it. I remember Bill saying that that's how he started, and although he was so knowledgeable, he never made anyone feel 'out of it' and it was a pleasure to read his posts.
Then I looked in sometimes and caught up with some bits of news, and remember Bill saying about not being able to use the computer. Lately, I haven't seen any of the old 'faces' on here when I have popped on, and have been wondering what has happened to many of them. I did send a birthday or Christmas 'card' to Sue some time ago, but perhaps it was the wrong email address. I am in touch with Judo though.
So it was fortuitous that I decided to look in now and see this question about Bill.
I really do wish him well, and hope to hear good news soon.

Best Wishes from Renée.

Hi Renee

Nice to see you posting on here. I hope all is well with yourself. :gh:

Sorry to hear about losing your mother (if I did not mention it at the time) :flowers:

Yes, the X-Beebs has changed a lot. I used to post a fair bit on this area of the Forum, but now do quite a bit of birding away from my own garden. I write 'birding' reports and add them to the appropriate area of BF for a wider audience to read. :king:

Maybe it is people moving on and doing other things with their lives, becoming more 'seriously' involved with birding, or they are just busy with their lives. That is why members have gone on X-Beebs now.

Hopefully Bill will make an appearance soon, and say his hello's to us sometime.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Hi Lydia!

I hope you had a lovely Christmas, we did, everything was brilliant!!

Bill's fine. Will PM you asap.

You & hubby take care and have a safe, healthy and Happy New Year!

Sue

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back