• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod carriers (1 Viewer)

Paul - Herts

Paul Herts
Simple question, does anybody use something like Scopac to carry their tripod with/without camera attached? I am mulling over getting one as I like to carry my tripod but this means I never have my hands free to use my bins. I have tried a shoulder strap but have found it more hassle than it's worth.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated

Paul

Hi Paul, I use a Cley Spy Mulepak http://www.cleyspy.co.uk/the-mulepack.html

Took me a while to work how best to fix it to the tripod but it works fine and I find it a very comfortable way to carry my tripod & scope around all day. It took a few goes to find the best method of attaching it to the tripod and I take off the detachable bag/pouch as it fouls the centre column. I assemble M'pak and t'pod at home before setting off as I find it easier to do if I lay it on a flat surface rather than looking an idiot grappling with it in the car park.
Dave

Hi Paul
I have the basic version and I wouldn't be without it. It spreads the weight evenly over both shoulders and I can walk round with it almost all day without any discomfort - and as you say, it leave both hands free for bins, camera, etc.
Martin

Thanks for the replies. I presume there have been no issues with strength such as the stitching holding up well?

Hi Paul,

I've been using the same scopac for 5 or 6 years (probably longer TBH) & never had any problems - certainly nothing coming apart. It always seemed a bit "dude" before I got one but I couldn't imagine living without one now.

Chris A.

Thanks for the replies. I presume there have been no issues with strength such as the stitching holding up well?

Hi Paul, I use a Cley Spy Mulepak with my Heavy Celestron Regal 80 F-ED scope, about 2kg, and Delta Carbon tripod and have never had any problems with the stiching. I find it really comfortable and I'm going to try it with my camera and Tamron 150-600 lens.

Les

Hi Paul, I use a Cley Spy Mulepak with my Heavy Celestron Regal 80 F-ED scope, about 2kg, and Delta Carbon tripod and have never had any problems with the stiching. I find it really comfortable and I'm going to try it with my camera and Tamron 150-600 lens.

Les

I will be interested to hear how that goes - I'm going to add one of the 150-600's to my kit, just not sure when that will be as I have other, more pressing, expenses to deal with this summer. I am certain it won't be the Sigma Sport model though, too heavy and too expensive for my less refined tastes :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back