• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My bird drawings (1 Viewer)

CatGabriel

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. These are some of my bird drawings, all done in coloured pencils, hope you enjoy them :)

-Cat

Attachments

• kookaFINALsmall.jpg
    kookaFINALsmall.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 127
  • bluetitemail.jpg
    bluetitemail.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 158
  • musklorifinishedSMALL.jpg
    musklorifinishedSMALL.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 101
  • chaffinchfinalemail.jpg
    chaffinchfinalemail.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 136
Always nice to see another sketcher from this neck of the woods! Lovely work, especially with the Blue Tit. I'm going to hazard a guess and say you use Derwent pencils...?

Thanks colleen and colonelboris! No, I use Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils

It was a 50:50 guess! I made a thread on here about the pencils available in Australia recently. Luckily, Prismacolor seem to be becoming more available. I like the range of shades in Derwent and F-C, but find the leads to be a bit hard. However, you can't beat them for the range of skin tones.

Thanks very much Graham, the kookaburra is my favourite too I think. Colonelboris, Prismacolor were the first coloured pencils I bought but I found them a bit too soft, my sharpener just ate them up. I haven't tried Derwents before but would be interested to give them a go.

Thank you oivind, I'm glad you like my drawings :)

welcome to the art section, these are very nice indeed, beautifully subtle use of colours and the character of the birds are really done well.

Colonelboris, Prismacolor were the first coloured pencils I bought but I found them a bit too soft, my sharpener just ate them up. I haven't tried Derwents before but would be interested to give them a go.

Ah, the trick to Prismacolor/Karismacolor is to give them two turns at most, but they do wear down quick.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back