• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (5 Viewers)

"Psching" in the reeds

Mixed media Size 1/2 Imp.

From the aptley named Bishop's hide Cley Bearded Reedling

Attachments

• L1180953.jpg
    L1180953.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 59
Since I've never seen these birds Arthur I can't begin to appreciate the rareness of such a view. But I do know a beautiful painting when I see it. Really striking and glowing with color! It's been a pleasure seeing it develop from start to finish.

mmmmmm, one of my favourite birds turned into a feast for the eyes, just really makes me wish I could see these delights more often.

this is yet another stunner in the making - love the bold tangles of the branches, and an exciting composition too!

Looks good Arthur. For some reason I had expected brighter colors but the subdued colors work well.

I had to take a look at my guide to European birds when I saw the bill. I've never seen the bird in the flesh and must just not have noticed it when I looked in the guidebooks. But I see that it really does have a small bill! I'm not sure I've ever seen a bird with a bill that small.

super piece, at first I was a bit surprised at how the colour of the bird is not in any way reflected in the background, but in fact, I think it's really clever, how the bird mirrors its environment through its pattern - the dark on the bird cuts nicely through its shape and weaves it into the rest. Another super piece!

Blimey! That's a lot of work in those beardies. It reminds me of Chinese embroidery work, all intricate little strokes making a colourful, coherent whole. Bravo indeed!

Love the ltt too, he quite happily inhabits the complex and almost abstract pattern of the branches and twigs.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back