• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Smaller birds in the garden (1 Viewer)

cresser

Hi all,
Several weeks ago now, to try and combat the swarms of Starlings invading and eating everything I put out, I stopped using Suet pellets in feeders, and switched to SunFlower hearts, only using suet on a table.
Wow! what a difference! we have very few Starlings now, but we get loads and loads of Sparrows - brilliant - also, we are getting regular visits from up to 12, Gold Finches all over the feeders. This is exactly what I put feed out to see, the smaller birds getting a look in, and when 6 or seven Sparrows take a dip in the water stand, its a pleasure to see them. Now they know where they are - relatively - safe, and there is a regular supply of food, we hope to be able see them, and help them out, over the winter time. :t:

but whos gunner help the poor starlings out iknow there crazy but i love em think they have got loads of character but i know ill be in the minority and youl be in the majority its always the same people like the pritty things in life my house sparrows hang about with them infact i have a gang of sparrows and two starlings that seem to think there sparrows :-O when all starlings go they hang about wit spoggys its funny its my blackbirds that dont like the starlings or sparrows for that matter or song thrushes or for sure other blackbirdrs suppose all our gardens have diffrent politics.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back