• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys (1 Viewer)

Great update - thanks for that! :flowers:

Like a trip down there once a week to keep us informed??!! ;)

Do you know how the caper watch is going? Have there been many sightings?

Sandra

Great News

Ben Nevis said:
EJ is sitting very tight on the eyrie this morning again.Certainly looks like laying or incubation is taking place.

Glad to see my first impressions were correct.Pity about my Lottery numbers..! Thanks for the update,brilliant news.Anyone visiting Loch Garten could maybe do us "Osprey fans" a favour by updating these pages ?

Sandra (Taylor) said:

Sandra
Never mind once a week. I think Wilmauk should go every day if the reports are going to be as good as that. :clap:

Paul

Sandra (Taylor) said:

Sandra

Sorry Sandra but I got so swept up in the excitement that I completely forgot about the Capers, how could I?

harris hawk said:
Never mind once a week. I think Wilmauk should go every day if the reports are going to be as good as that. :clap:

Paul

I wish! And thanks Paul. ;)

Wendy

This is my first post. I'd like to know if the osprey I saw at Durleigh Reservoir, Nr Bridgwater in Somerset, circa 1992 (early April, I think), has any connection with the Loch Garten ospreys? My first thought was that it was a buzzard, but, when I saw the white eyestripe I was gobsmacked. It was absolutely thrilling!
Paul

Last edited:
Paul Youd said:
This is my first post. I'd like to know if the osprey I saw at Durleigh Reservoir, Nr Bridgwater in Somerset, circa 1992 (early April, I think), has any connection with the Loch Garten ospreys? My first thought was that it was a buzzard, but, when I saw the white eyestripe I was gobsmacked. It was absolutely thrilling!
Paul

Welcome to Bird Forum!
It would have almost certainly been one of the Scottish Ospreys returning for summer. I think there were around 100 pairs in the early 90s. Without managing to see the letters on any ring it was wearing any connection with the Loch Garten pair would be difficult to determine though.

John

jpoyner said:
Welcome to Bird Forum!
It would have almost certainly been one of the Scottish Ospreys returning for summer. I think there were around 100 pairs in the early 90s. Without managing to see the letters on any ring it was wearing any connection with the Loch Garten pair would be difficult to determine though.

John

Many thanks, John, much appreciated.
Paul

Thanks All

After all the whinging I did about the diary the other week, I feel I should thank the staff at Loch Garten RSPB for the two updates. I suppose they're too busy to go on the Forum. But the updates do make good reading, notwithstanding the biscuits!

Sandra
:t:

I wonder what's happened to the Webcam though. It's not been working since yesterday morning. :-C

D

Hi Everyone,

Sunday morning and the webcam is still down, has somebody fed it too many biscuits or too busy eating themselves? I noticed a visitor left them a sackful, pity they don't have an engineer on site or on call.

Ann
Their No.1 Fan :-C :egghead:

Hi Everyone,

As you say the diary has been updated and as usual life is never dull for Henry and EJ. There are now 3 eggs in the nest, dare we hope for 4 or is that being greedy, plus I suppose there is more chance of 3 chicks being well fed than 4, if they all hatch.

Congratulations EJ.

Ann
Their Biggest Fan :bounce: :t:

Get that camera working guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back