• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Woodpigeons still coming (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

Got up early for a last desperate fling at getting Hawfinch on the garden list this morning (two at 0705 did the business) and enjoyed 600 Woodpigeons heading South in flocks from 20 to 200 by 0810. Should think the South Coast will get some decent numbers today although I know they already had one big Woodie day at the end of October.

John

Have been doing a few transects for the Hawk Conservancy and there are thousands around the Surrey/West Sussex border.
Had 48 on my lawn!
Mick

Once the light got up properly and I could see the birds clearly, it seemed that most were juveniles.

Is that the same with your grounded birds?

John

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back