• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald eagle scream like red tailed hawk? (1 Viewer)

From memory I thought they got it right on The Polar Express NG. I'm beginning to doubt myself now though so will have to check.

Rich

Why do movies and even documentries insist the bald eagle screams like the red tailed hawk? The baldie's cheap not mean enough?

That's it, I'm sure. They do the same for Turkey Vultures which never call in flight (or anywhere else for that matter).

Hollyweird ...

Aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!! :storm:

It's not just the Bald Eagle .... it's every damn flyin' raptor like bird with wings! ..... and some quasi spiritual references without!!

You folks that get to hear the Red-Tailed Hawk scream bouncing off isolated canyons sure are lucky ducks .....
as opposed to the ducks that hear it - which may not be so lucky!

The Australian movie "Rabbit Proof Fence" was one of the few to accurately portray a raptor call (Black Kite - otherwise known as Fork-tailed Kite).
Unfortunately, inner-city ivory tower skivvy wearers variously refer to it as an 'eagle', or representing the little kiddies freedom.

Bah! It's nuffink of da sort .... it's just a non-drug induced shamanic connection to the 'dreaming', and each other, via the mainifest Black Kite, which although having a less decibel blasting call - is an impressive peee-ewwwww, with an interesting conversational chatter dialogue following, nonetheless.

Chosun :gh:

In film everything is about dramatics. The red-tailed hawk is about the most dramtic scream in the bird kingdom that I know off. If you want a bird to sound like a serious predator, what better way than to hear a scream? Too bad that most people in the world think that every falcon, harrier, eagle and othe rbird of prey sounds like a red tailed hawk! It pretty much is just a small sample of how film and tv hoodwinks us in many ways into thinking things are "true" that aren't necessarily that way at all.

Cmon, entainment industry here in states wouldnt misrepresent anything. Well ok, but their licensed poetically.
Just my imagination or is it true Kookaburra birds might be expanding range?

Cmon, entainment industry here in states wouldnt misrepresent anything. Well ok, but their licensed poetically.
Just my imagination or is it true Kookaburra birds might be expanding range?
Ah yes the Kookaburra! The bird that Australia exported to every tropical
"movie" forest in this world ( and probably on a few other planets as well).

Ah yes the Kookaburra! The bird that Australia exported to every tropical
"movie" forest in this world ( and probably on a few other planets as well).

Ditto for the Common Loon. In fact I'm pretty sure I've heard Common Loon & Kookaburra on the same soundtrack.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back