• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can Anyone Identify These Bird Droppings??? (Brittany-France) (1 Viewer)

Jo and Jim

Hello all, ive just uploaded two photos of droppings i saw in my Orchard area, and i take it they must be some kind of bird droppings? but im not sure what as the droppings look so big,obviously if its a bird it likes this area as there is quite alot in the one area,there is a plum tree branch directly above it,im thinking of setting my tent up and staying out in it to find out what it is,with camera at the ready.We know whatever it is goes to that spot every day or night as there was the fresh bit there this morning.
Anyone any ideas what it could be?

joandjim

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 874
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 436
Just in case the OP gets a bit disheartened by the responses (mine included):

There are people who know about this stuff (I nearly typed another word then|=)|), and if you check back later, you may have some more useful replies. In the meantime; you could poke around with a stick and use a Magnifying Glass to see more closely. It would be a help to know what it's eaten (seriously).

I'm afraid I know nothing about "droppings", and I probably wouldn't admit it if I did.|=)|

Hi joandjim,
it looks for me like from Turkey's!
I think escaped ones which was sleeping there in the night!
Cheers
Peter.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back