• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Reference lists (1 Viewer)

Thanks Richard

The guide to phylloscs is particularly interesting, not least because it shows that the NW Sichuan and Qinghai "Dusky Warbler" (ssp weigoldi) has been transferred to a ssp of Smoky Warbler Phylloscopus fuligiventer.

That being the case, it would be an armchair tick.

Cheers for that.

Shi Jin

Dusky/Smoky Warblers

Thanks Richard
Don't thank me, Shi Jin! It's Joe Hobbs that we must thank for his hard work.
The guide to phylloscs is particularly interesting, not least because it shows that the NW Sichuan and Qinghai "Dusky Warbler" (ssp weigoldi) has been transferred to a ssp of Smoky Warbler Phylloscopus fuligiventer.

That being the case, it would be an armchair tick.
Theoretically an armchair tick for me too, having seen weigoldi in SE Qinghai. IOC, Zoonomen and Cornell (Clements) have followed Martens et al 2008 [pdf here], but see Jesper's cautious response, copied to this earlier thread: www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=132650.

PS. Congrats on a very successful May Day holiday trip to Jiangxi - victory snatched from the jaws of defeat, certainly worthy of a celebratory B :). A compelling account! :t:
[www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=161061 - posts #395+]

Last edited:
Thanks Richard

The Jiangxi trip indeed worked out well - eventually.

Thanks also for the PDF and the link.

A heavy paper indeed.

But, it seems, somewhat light were it matters.

Suspect that the "Weigold's" Warbler debate is just getting started.

Cheers.

Shi Jin

List of Fulmarine Type Petrels with References. v1.0 (Jan 2015).
www.dutchbirding.nl/references.php .
"I have endeavoured to keep typos, errors, omissions etc in this list to a minimum, however when
you find more I would be grateful if you could mail the details during 2015 to" some guy named Jose Phobbs?
Under Jouanin's Petrel it dates Une nouvelle espece de procellariide. L'Oisean et R.F.O. 25: 155-161. for 1957 but it is actually 1955.
Jouanin, did publish a petrel paper in 1957. Les procellariides melaniques signales en mer d'Oman. L'Oiseau et
R.F.O. 27: 12-27

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back