• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malaga (Spain) - Crashed into glass door (1 Viewer)

Crodol

This poor fellow sadly crashed with high speed into the balcony glass door this morning. |=(|

Attachments

• IMG200520.jpg
    IMG200520.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 105
Very unfortunate - vinyl stickers on windows or curtains/blinds can help if it happens regularly, even then it doesn't always work sadly. Any photos of the underside or spread tail? It looks like a sylvia warbler, possibly Sardinian from the photo, but a tricky angle.

Hi Daniel,

Very unfortunate - vinyl stickers on windows or curtains/blinds can help if it happens regularly, even then it doesn't always work sadly.

There are also the UV-reflective marker pens for drawing an invisible (to the human eye) grid on the outside of window panes. It's a bit of work, as the markings only last for so long, and there are mixed opinions on the effectiveness, but if you have a window that has repeated bird strikes and you want to do something about it, it might be an option.

(I believe the German magazine "Vögel" had an article on this a couple of years back.)

Regards,

Henning

Thanks Henning - I wasn't aware of that, though makes perfect sense! Luckily I haven't encountered any strikes at our current property yet, as it is set into a hillside.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back