• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which birds starting to nest and migrate around you? (1 Viewer)

Blue tits have started to build their nest in earnest, blackbirds have gone a little quiet with their nesting but are doing a lot of chasing and fighting. Robins are paired up and spotted one feeding its mate the other day. Dunnocks cannot decide who their mate will be at the present, and are chasing and flapping about around my garden.

White Storks on their nests, House Sparrows building nests, Serins and Crested Larks singing all day, many different swallows on migration, Coal and Crested Tits gathering nest stuff, Spring is almost here!

john barclay said:
These are the large larids that have been passing early am and pm, not the late afternoon gulls on their way to WI's. Only yesterday morning large/ish flocks of Herring passed over the city, but today only a few.

John.

Gotcha, I know what you mean, as i saw large numbers of G B-b Gulls soaring at altitude today at about 8 am. Cheers for clarifying, I wasnt sure about the gulls origin as i have seen them but know that both species also roast at WI. Cheers John, helps me understand whats goin on a bit better.

Hotspur said:
Gotcha, I know what you mean, as i saw large numbers of G B-b Gulls soaring at altitude today at about 8 am. Cheers for clarifying, I wasnt sure about the gulls origin as i have seen them but know that both species also roast at WI. Cheers John, helps me understand whats goin on a bit better.

They better not be eating them :eat:

John.

Saw my first nesting bird of the year today, a rook.

In fact there was about 15 of them on nests and alot of others hard at work around the rookery.

Attachments

• rooknest.jpg
    rooknest.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 94
Yesterday I saw a tree by the closest lake which had tree Great Blue Heron nests in it. There was 1 heron standing in each nest.
I'm not sure if those were actual nests, or if each of those herons were just standing there to tempt another heron of the opposite sex to come and create a couple. Is that the way they do it?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back