Thread: Honey Buzzards
View Single Post
Old Tuesday 6th August 2019, 11:27   #31
John Cantelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leakey View Post
Thanks for the comments. I'm more than happy with what I've seen. Maybe you doubters can check up with the rare birds breeding panel at the end of the season. They should at least be able to confirm that there are a number of Honeys in Wales this year. As for the ringer I'm mid Wales he also put a transmitter on one Honey in North Wales it returned next season then died as did the one from South Wales.
I really don't give a toss wether you believe me or not just par for the course from you arm chair critics. Get out and look . There's an advertised spot in S Wales get your egos and cameras there then come back and post your pics. If you can't see them there stick to migration routes where you can't miss them lol
Whilst I can readily understand your annoyance that others are doubting your report, given the history of misidentifications of HB (even by those representing themselves as experts) and the species' elusiveness I can also understand why some posters are, perhaps unfairly, doubtful. The best remedy & riposte would be to find a way of posting the images you mention. If you can't post them here yourself I'm sure you should be able to email them to people who could try to do so for you.

Please support Andalucia Bird Society www.andalusiabirdsociety.org Visit my website & blog on birding in SW Spain at http://birdingcadizprovince.weebly.com/