• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FEISOL Elite Tripod CT-3372 Rapid - any good? (1 Viewer)

cgilbert

England
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new tripod for my photography and whilst I'd like a Gitzo (GT4533LS) they are just too expensive, I think, so am looking at perhaps the FEISOL Elite Tripod CT-3372 Rapid as a possible alternative and would appreciate any thoughts from people who use one, or tried, but moved on.

I mainly use a Canon 1DX2 and 300mm f2.8 usually with a 2x converter and already have a Lensmaster RH2, also I will probably be getting a 500mm f4 at some point in the future.

Any advice most welcome, thanks in advance.

Regards, Cliff.

When faced with the same decision, I went with Sirui, and have been extremely happy. That said, an associate of mine (who's a better photographer) uses and highly endorses Feisol.

Pity you missed the Gitzo sale a few months ago - I picked up a Gitzo 4542LS for £375 inc postage.

At the Photography Show I liked the look of the Induro and Benro "Systematic" type tripods and, as PineRiver, notes Sirui and Feisol are well worth a look. Two friends have Feisols and they are very goos but they are the Tournament models so I cannot comment on the Elite models.

I have that tripod and use it with a Swarovski 80 scope and Sirui vh10 head. It really is a very nice tripod , however my one has given problems, last year one of the legs fell off ! The leg is glued into the base plate and the glue failed. I sent it back to Feisol and the leg was reattached but not to a factory finish as you can now see signs of glue around the joining and the leg does not slide as freely into the closed position as the others. The leg tensioners need constant tightening in order to keep the legs from flopping closed when the tripod is lifted, this is a nuisance and I have to tighten them about every 3 weeks, I use the tripod every day. A new fault is now starting to appear with one of the buttons sticking that allows the leg to open out to the extra wide setting. My tripod is a little over 3 years old and although it gets a lot of use it does not get any abuse. I recommended this tripod to a friend who bought one and within 6 months one of his legs also failed. Otherwise it is a stable, sturdy and tall and weighs very little.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back