• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the September 2006 theme challenge - Birds in Flight (1 Viewer)

IanF

A change from the proposed theme for this month - the September 2006 theme is - 'Birds in Flight'.

The theme is further defined as being a photograph of a bird/birds in flight whether singly or as a flock.

The rules must be adhered to in order to avoid disqualification.

The Moderators decision is final.

Rules –

1. Entry to have been taken in the last twelve months i.e. since 1st September 2005.
2. Date taken to be included in the entry - must at least include month and year.
3. Entry to be uploaded between 1st-20th September 2006
midnight (BST).
4. Your entry must contain a bird or birds obviously in flight.

5. The bird must be wild and can be of any species.
6. Location taken to be included and must include at least the county/state and country.
7. One entry per member.
8. Only minor image adjustment is permitted, such as cropping, sharpening, contrast, and levels. The photo must not be otherwise greatly manipulated ie. objects should not be added/removed in order to enhance the shot - no composite images.
9. Once uploaded a photo is classed as an entry and cannot be replaced by another shot. However, you have until the closing date / time of this competition to ensure that your photo meets criteria.
10. The entry must be your own work and not previously submitted in a competition on this site.
11. The bird's common name mustbe given - though please add the scientific too!
12. Entries to be uploaded directly by entrants to the
Monthly Photo Competitions Gallery.

A voting booth will be posted after the 20th.

Please note 30 entries will be selected for addition to the voting booth for members to vote upon.

The entries not selected for inclusion in the voting booth will be moved to their respective Gallery forum.

Comments on entries are permitted.

Any queries about this months competition, please post below.

Thanks Ian, can't wait to see some great shots in this one. I'm pretty awful at taking flight pictures, even thought they are some of my favorites to view.

Ian you just barred me from entrying- Flying shots of birds:'D :'D :'D oh crying shame(ah) Waiting for some super shots you hear-the flying shots that make my day.Best of luck to all.Regards. :-O

Dr Manjeet Singh said:
Ian you just barred me from entrying- Flying shots of birds:'D :'D :'D oh crying shame(ah). :-O
I thought you would have been able to charm the birds out of the trees and make them do as you tell them...surely they would do a slow fly past.

Ah! now this ones going to be interesting.
Judging by the quality of Bird in flight pics I get in my emails from the gallery,
it's going to be difficult to vote!!

Good Luck All

Tried to enter a photo already uploaded to "Birds of Britain & Europe" into this months competition, by changing its Cathegory to "Monthly Photo Competitions 2006", but was told I had no permissions to do so.
I have read the rules, but have never entered the competiton before as I have only been a member the last month, so maybe I am missing some vital info here...? Shall I upload the image again to the Competition Gallery, thus causing duplets in the database, or can the image not participate, since it was uploaded to another gallery first?

The image has title "Eagle is Coming!"

Cheers
Hans N.

Only Admin and the Moderators can move photos between categories. As this one was uploaded after 1st September, the competition start date, I have moved it for you :t:

Missing the vote

Sorry folks I will be on holiday for this vote and from the quality of the entries so far think I am glad. Good luck all.

LOL. Maybe we should change this month's category to: "Best shot of Kingfisher in Flight." Kidding; only about 1/2 are Kingfishers!! Enjoying all the fine entries this month.

Do competition entries have to be completely new shots? Can they be photos that were previously uploaded to the gallery? (or new versions of the same photo?)

Photos previously uploaded to the Gallery are acceptable provided they haven't been previously entered in a competition and of course were taken within the last 12 months.

A new copy has to be uploaded direct to the competition forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back