• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds Through the telescope! (1 Viewer)

cango

Few birds from this year. Yes, I still use my telescopes 99% of my shooting.
Below from a floating hide with the triplet 480mm apo
The Wryneck is with the celestron 80ED

Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• P6162897 copy.jpg
    P6162897 copy.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 143
  • P6163100 copy.jpg
    P6163100 copy.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 125
  • P6163529 copy.jpg
    P6163529 copy.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 147
  • P6163403 copy.jpg
    P6163403 copy.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 141
  • P6170393 copy.jpg
    P6170393 copy.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 185
Impressive, indeed!

What camera did you use? What was the shooting format: RAW? JPEG? How much post-processing?

Nice shots:t:

I have a Celestron 125mm with a standard 50x and i bought a 100x:eek!: plus camera adapter for a smartphone and Canon EOS 7D.

I haven’t used it to take any pics yet as i am still getting used to birding with it but will give it a try when the wind allows:t:

Laurie -

Impressive, indeed!

What camera did you use? What was the shooting format: RAW? JPEG? How much post-processing?

I use Olympus E-m1 mk2. always shoot Raw.

I use (older) PS . Open in Camera raw, crop if needed (composition wise) choose Auto - and tweak some clarity into it, (15-20 on the slider) check the blacks and the highlights, and tweak those minimal if needed. this stage might take from 10 seconds to 30seconds... :)

The I have an action were I use Topaz denoise AI, which is set to light noise removal as well as detail/sharpening enhancement. It does the work automatically for about a minute or so.

Pretty basic. A few minutes per pic, more or less. What takes more time is to sift through all the bad ones to get to the odd one, the good one :)

Unfortunatedly pics posted here are low res and have less detail than the full ones I see myself.
here you can see more high res ones - if you like wrynecks
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62792251
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62795896

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back