View Single Post
Old Tuesday 4th July 2017, 12:35   #5
dalat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
Looking for advice on the best lens for videoscoping with the GH5 (realizing it is not relaeased yet so relying on GH 4 experience.) Potential choices include:

1) Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 II ASPH (most experience out there)

2) Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 (possibly some vignetting but apparently not with video according to Neil, however, as the GH5 uses the entire sensor for video may return with this lens)

3)Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH

4)Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 25mm f/1.2 PRO (? too big)

5)Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm f/1.8 Lens

Would love the thoughts of the group. Again my primary focus will be video and not stills.
I'd also be very interested in some answers to that question. Surely someone has tried some of these lenses and can comment?

I have a Swaro ATM HD 80 scope. I'm now using my phone on it and quite happy with it, but as I recently bought a m4/3 camera (G80), I'm thinking of trying this on the scope as well. So what is the best m4/3 digiscoping lens? As the OP, most of the time I find the Pana 20 mm 1.7 being mentionned for digiscoping. But actually I could not find much in the sense of comparing different lenses, or experience with some of the newer lenses.

Anyone?