• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vanguard Endeavor Hd 65a (1 Viewer)

I purchased the 82mm-version for around EUR 350 a while ago, so you might find it for a better price somewhere.

I think mine was a good deal (no Swaro nor Kowa, but quite usable).

Cocco

Sending mine back tomorrow after a few hours with it in fading light yesterday. I had high hopes for that scope, based on some glowing reviews, but my copy was optically very challenging. Bright enough, but I felt like I could never quite get the subject in sharp focus, and as my eye moved around behind the eyepiece, things inside the image moved in a strange way that really was unsettling to me. My 30 year old Bushnell with a fixed 20x eyepiece killed it in contrast and resolving ability, but was not as bright as the Vanguard.

So far, my eyes just haven't gotten along with any Chinese made optics I've tried. For whatever reason, optics made in Japan have suited my eyes very well. I keep trying these Chinese made binoculars and scopes, but so far no luck. YMMV of course.

Sending mine back tomorrow after a few hours with it in fading light yesterday. I had high hopes for that scope, based on some glowing reviews, but my copy was optically very challenging. Bright enough, but I felt like I could never quite get the subject in sharp focus, and as my eye moved around behind the eyepiece, things inside the image moved in a strange way that really was unsettling to me. My 30 year old Bushnell with a fixed 20x eyepiece killed it in contrast and resolving ability, but was not as bright as the Vanguard.

So far, my eyes just haven't gotten along with any Chinese made optics I've tried. For whatever reason, optics made in Japan have suited my eyes very well. I keep trying these Chinese made binoculars and scopes, but so far no luck. YMMV of course.

Get yourself a Pentax PF65. Superb little scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back