• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Turkey Kırklareli region( EU side) at 235m altitute Warbler (1 Viewer)

SCPALAS

Photos were taken on Sept 6th
I need help to Identify.
Thanks for the kind helps
Cheers

Attachments

• Boz Çıvgın  mi 01_1.jpg
    Boz Çıvgın mi 01_1.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 125
  • Boz Çıvgın  mi 03.jpg
    Boz Çıvgın mi 03.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Boz Çıvgın mi 02.jpg
    Boz Çıvgın mi 02.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 120
I don’t understand, a bit cryptic for me - Fitis as in survival of?;)

Could you please expand on it - subspp?

Laurie -

Jean François lapsed into French that’s all, Pouillot fitis = Willow Warbler in these parts.:t:

Richard ( or Reeeshah as I am called locally;);) )

Last edited:
Fitis is the German name as well. Funny that I didn't even realise that it wasn't appropriate in an English speaking forum :D

I did Google it before posting and saw the word associated with trochilus but wondered why. Thank God for Linnaeus and Latin nomenclature;) Although i am a fan of vernacular both regional and national ones and now i have a new one:t:

Laurie -

In principle, primary projection is a very reliable criterion.
It is true that, on the other hand, the bird is more reminiscent of a Chiffchaff.
Any other opinions ?
Jean

Can we see that on the closed wing?
I can only see that of the P3.
Jean

Of course - it's not always easy but they can be seen here.

Apologies - after posting I realised that that doesn't open very big! You'll have to squint to see it!

Attachments

• phyllosc.jpg
    phyllosc.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 43
That’s great but if you don’t get a picture that you can forensically dissect then in the field that would have been a Chiffchaff to most ppl i know and i’m not ashamed to admit it:t:

Lauriec-

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back