• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wallcreepers in Switzerland - August (1 Viewer)

Hi Lynn,
Where abouts are you going to be based? If you're in Geneva, then about 1.5hrs away there's Sixt-fer-a-cheval National Park which is on the French side of the Alps, so not a great distance at all. They're a dead cert there, especially on the wetter rock faces and I've seen them up both sides of the reserve. Hopefully someone living in Switzerland might have another location as I'm sure there's plenty.
Ads

There are some very good spots. Let me know where exactly you will be and I can give you the nearest ones.

André

Hi Lynn,
Where abouts are you going to be based? If you're in Geneva, then about 1.5hrs away there's Sixt-fer-a-cheval National Park which is on the French side of the Alps, so not a great distance at all. They're a dead cert there, especially on the wetter rock faces and I've seen them up both sides of the reserve. Hopefully someone living in Switzerland might have another location as I'm sure there's plenty.
Ads
Thank you. I'm starting in Zurich but thought I head south toward Leuk. But I can be flexible! Any specific advice will be greatly appreciated.

Good luck Lynn - go with Andre on this one as he's living there and will know exact locales. They are excellent birds - let us know how you get on
Ads

Does anyone know if I'd be able to see Wallcreeper near Flims , Graubünden ?
I've yet to see one & wondered how likely the chances are for me this summer there.

A popular bird… same question. Is Mt. Pilatus high enough? Or is there anywhere nearby (Luzern area). Thanks!
In general, is Mt. Pilatus a good place to find regional species? I heard if I take the cog railway up and then walk down, it might yield some good birds?

There are some very good spots. Let me know where exactly you will be and I can give you the nearest ones.

André
Hi Andre, i am interested in finding a Wallcreeper. I am in Switzerland now for another week, stationed in Bern, but willing to travel anywhere to see one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back