• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon P900 - turning off automatic EVF (1 Viewer)

wunderlong88

I cannot find anywhere to turn off the EVF from automatically switching from LCD to EVF. I found several people saying that it has a way to turn it off but no one saying where to turn it off. I can't seem to find a way in the settings.

Is there a way and if so can some one tell me how?

TY!

I am wanting the EVF to stay off. We were taking some pics with the camera set on a table and the table was triggering the EVF but we needed the LCD. I tried that button but the LCD still went off and the EVF. I don't want the auto feature to work. Does that make sense?

In the menu "setup" there is an option to auto toggle EVF, turn this off.

Not got my 900 to hand but that is how to do it in the 1000, and I think it is the same.

Den

Ok. I found the setting. I swear it wasn't there yesterday. There was something that said AV/TV toggle off or toggle on. I don't know what that was and it didn't do anything that I could figure out. Now I can't find that setting but the EVF toggle is there. Both were under the wrench on the menu settings.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back