• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdsongs of Europe (1 Viewer)

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
Im trying to download Mullen’s Birdsongs of Europe app onto ipad Air 20 but its taking ages - I know its a massive file and I did a spring clean of old apps etc first - but wow, does anyone know the file size by any chance?

thanks

Bl&fdy marvellous! Finally completed download to use abroad.

Amazing App - Great interface and very user friendly with id photos, distribution maps, calls (showing sonagrams) and even function to compare confusion species and add your own field notes.

Expensive but no need for collins or forseman, cds and cd player packed into the suitcase anymore and its fully functional out in the field if youre without internet connection B :)

Has anyone else used this? How do you rate it?

Im trying to download Mullen’s Birdsongs of Europe app onto ipad Air 20 but its taking ages - I know its a massive file and I did a spring clean of old apps etc first - but wow, does anyone know the file size by any chance?

thanks
strange , i can not find this in the app store or somewhere else ??

strange , i can not find this in the app store or somewhere else ??

BIRD SONGS Europe, North Africa + Middle East by Mullen & Pohland GbR

sorry its not letting me copy link on my ipad for some reason but it’s there on the App store. Use the App store search ‘bird songs’

Last edited:
Sometimes an item in the app store is available only in some countries and not in others. I have been cought by that several times.

Niels

I have this app also, but I find it really slow when I open the app. And when I open it again it opens always with the last bird I search for. Is it possible to let it open always with the list view?? I haven't found it yet how?

I have this app also, but I find it really slow when I open the app. And when I open it again it opens always with the last bird I search for. Is it possible to let it open always with the list view?? I haven't found it yet how?

Hi

On a learning curve here, but if you open the app, either ‘gallery’, ‘A-Z’ or ‘category’ ie the 1st, 2nd or 3rd option respectively, you will see a ‘settings’ icon on the top left side of your screen.

1 click settings icon
2 screen will show you ‘options’ under that is a ‘start screen’ option
3. click on whichever ‘start screen’ option you would like ie 1st (gallery) 2nd (A-Z) or 3rd option (category)

When you close the app and reopen it, it will open at whatever option you chose on the ‘start screen’ setting.

If you chose ‘list’ or ‘catergory’ the app opens with the A-Z on the left of your screen. Since these options dont take up the full screen, the image/species will show on the right side as being the last species viewed.

hope that helps

If you chose ‘list’ or ‘catergory’ the app opens with the A-Z on the left of your screen. Since these options dont take up the full screen, the image/species will show on the right side as being the last species viewed.

hope that helps

thanks, but i always have to swipe to get the list view or catergory list , i want this list or catergory to be the first thing i see when open the app.

thanks, but i always have to swipe to get the list view or catergory list , i want this list or catergory to be the first thing i see when open the app.
I think you will find with most apps you have to touch the app cover to open the app, so not sure what you are asking? If you go to settings and do as suggested, the app will open at list or category and not the gallery.

I think you will find with most apps you have to touch the app cover to open the app, so not sure what you are asking? If you go to settings and do as suggested, the app will open at list or category and not the gallery.

ok, first i open the app by touching it , i choose the list view, then i want to listen to the reed warbler so i touch reed warbler and the reed warbler page opens.
Then i go back to the list view and i close the app,
A bit later i open the app again and it opens with the reed warbler !!!, I want it always to start with the list view .

pimplemees, are you finding the settings icon? - its the standard icon for settings and is at the very top left hand corner once you open the app. To stay on the ‘list’ option you have to touch this settings icon. This will take you to a new settings screen. The top banner is light green and says ‘OPTIONS’. Right beneath that is a lighter green menu headed by the words ‘START SCREEN’. Under this, It lists the three options. GALLERY, A-Z and CATEGORY. Touch ‘A-Z’then touch the back arrow. This will now be saved as your start screen so when you open the app, the birds are listed in alphabetical order down a left sided column. In this option the screen is split, so you will always see the last bird you looked at anyway on the right side of the screen.

Hi Deb, yes I have done everything you say, and it still opens with the
last bird I listen to,,, and I get no split screen? I work with iPhone

Apologies, then we are probably talking at cross purposes. There are two versions of the App, one is ipad compatible, one is iphone compatible. I use an ipad - it might well be that the iphone version does not have the screen start save feature. Enjoy anyway!

Apologies, then we are probably talking at cross purposes. There are two versions of the App, one is ipad compatible, one is iphone compatible. I use an ipad - it might well be that the iphone version does not have the screen start save feature. Enjoy anyway!

No problem Deb,,, thanks for the input

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back