• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera trap delights (1 Viewer)

I'm getting a bit bored of deer now. After nearly a month at a new location, Roe Deer were the only things I recorded (apart from two people with a dog). Interesting to see how much the bracken grew during the month, and interesting to see that the camera moved at some point.

I've now followed Turkish Van's example and put the camera next to the river below the forest. I've pointed it at a rock that had some otter spraint on it.

Attachments

• Another Roe deer1.JPG
    Another Roe deer1.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Another Roe deer2.JPG
    Another Roe deer2.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 102
Just got back from Finland and the trap has been inaction again with a new visitor the the garden, the fox is also still there but the badger has only given tail shots.

Mark

Attachments

• fox1.jpg
    fox1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 110
  • mun1.jpg
    mun1.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 109
  • mun2.jpg
    mun2.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 114
  • mun3.jpg
    mun3.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 101
Up close and personal with a heron
And a lovely badger who waddled along with her tail sticking up, quite unaware my camera was watching her.

Attachments

• heron 2 bf.jpg
    heron 2 bf.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 116
  • badger bf.jpg
    badger bf.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 129
I have just returned from spending 8 weeks in the Brazilian Amazon carrying out my dissertation project. I took my camera trap with me and here are some screenshots of the videos I got. I will try and make a small video with some of the good clips as well at some point.

Pictures include:

Armadillo
Jaguar (unfortunately just tail)
Red brocket deer
Paca
Opossum (not sure of exact species)

Tiger Conservation

Attachments

• Armadillo.png
    Armadillo.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Jaguar.png
    Jaguar.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Deer 4.png
    Deer 4.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Pacca.png
    Pacca.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Snapshot 3 (20-06-2011 18-03).png
    Snapshot 3 (20-06-2011 18-03).png
    82.2 KB · Views: 106
Hey guys I have finally put some videos up of the footage I captured in Brazil. It was a bit rushed but hopefully you will like some of the clips.

Here they are:

Camera trap footage

I have some clips from the UK that I'll be adding in the next couple of days.

Wow, some great footage, thanks for adding, certainly ups the ante!

That armadillo reminds me of a giant pill millipede with a pointy nose and and 4 columns for legs - a bizarre creature, great video.

Do you have any idea what the last clip is in the pick n mix video?

Thanks, im not entirely sure what the last animal is in the mix. The local guys I worked with in the forest had many a debate on what we thought it might be and the two most likely choices were either a Tayra Eira barbara or a anteater although I think it is more likely to be a Tayra as the tail isn't extremely bushy. If you have any opinions let me know.

Thanks, im not entirely sure what the last animal is in the mix. The local guys I worked with in the forest had many a debate on what we thought it might be and the two most likely choices were either a Tayra Eira barbara or a anteater although I think it is more likely to be a Tayra as the tail isn't extremely bushy. If you have any opinions let me know.

Even though the clip is short, blink and you could miss it, the animal certainly walks like a Tayra and the back end including tail droop is rather distinctive - http://www.jczinn.com/Central and South America/Costa Rica/Other Fauna/slides/tayra_1168a.html

No otters yet. In fact only one animal so far in 12 days at the new location.

Just went to retrieve my camera trap from where it has been on the river bank (pointing at a rock with otter spraint) since the 12th of June. Since I last checked it on 24 June it has recorded absolutely nothing! Unbelievable. So I've given up with that site and I'm going to find somewhere else to put it.

Just went to retrieve my camera trap from where it has been on the river bank (pointing at a rock with otter spraint) since the 12th of June. Since I last checked it on 24 June it has recorded absolutely nothing! Unbelievable. So I've given up with that site and I'm going to find somewhere else to put it.

That is unbelievable!!! I think I might have thrown it in the river....

A few more pics from my garden

Mark

Attachments

• ct1.jpg
    ct1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 95
  • ct2.jpg
    ct2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 86
  • ct3.jpg
    ct3.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 78
  • ct4.jpg
    ct4.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 82
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back