• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last Bird Of 2019 (1 Viewer)

It's 7.35 PM here now and first (legal) fireworks was shot 6.00 PM (but not by me). About 6.30 PM I saw one panicky Great Tit. :-C It will probably be the last bird I see this year.

A Robin and a Blue Tit at my window feeder.

I don't see a Robin every day so that was rather nice.

Silvery hisses of Redwings overhead at 1900 hrs. Alarm set for 2350 to get out for that first bird of the New Year after midnight (in case I've fallen asleep during the big fat quiz of the year), other alarm set for 0545 and go go go....

Have a great evening and a bird-filled New Years Day everybody!

John

As I got out of the car at dusk on getting home, a pair of peregrines flew over with the male carrying prey. A good sign! (We have lost the breeding site in the centre of Bristol where I work to redevelopment so it will be good if the ones closest to home have a good year.)

But I failed to get in the house without seeing some starlings so that was my last species. (Out before dawn for owls.....)

All the best

It’s now dark on this side of the pond. Last bird of the year was Northern Cardinal. Earlier I had as many as 19 at the feeder.

Dave

Long-tailed Tit - two popped up on the twisted willow outside my living room window.

I'm popping out just before midnight though so may get a Tawny Owl calling as I'm aiming to get them as the first bird of 2020! :t:

From memory it was 9 Ring-necked Parakeets + 2 Blue Tits sitting in the birch in the back garden about 3.15. Didn't look out again after that.

I'm sure a Robin singing before dawn in the garden will be my first of 2020!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back