• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch 2020 (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I have a feeling Springwatch 2020 must be in doubt with the present situation with Coronavirus. I can’t see it happening as all other major events have been cancelled and Springwatch is live. If is cancelled on BBC TV, it is understandable with the present situation.
Ian

More than a feeling, accept it isn't going to occur for 2020. Presenters are in isolation, not essential driving, no gatherings etc, etc. Be good to have a rest from this tired programme - personally I dont bother anymore.

If they already have some of the pre-recorded films ready to go, then they could air them without the live segments. I always felt the recorded sections were the best bits of the programme.

Good Lord, BBC SpringWatch might be cancelled:eek!:

Whatever next? - Fortunately *actual* Spring hasn’t been cancelled so *actual* birders can get out and find their own stuff - most i know are and following Government guidelines with the main thing that is being exercised is common sense and discretion. With nature reserves being closed it will mean ‘birders’ might have to start, horror of horrors, local patching:-O

If you rely on the BBC and only bird by using a car then a new hobby beckons...

Good birding -

Laurie:t:

If you join The Self Isolating Bird Club Group on Facebook Chris Packham's Facebook Page & Follow them on Twitter @SIBirdClub every morning Chris Packham and his step daughter Megan do live videos which includes guests as well having Lindsay Chapman on board so it feels like watching a Springwatch episode.

That's great news Mono. I was wondering if they were going to be able to manage.

Think we all need a bit of a boost, don't we.

Springwatch is back on from 26th May for 3 weeks.
https://twitter.com/ChrisGPackham/status/1254031719742803968?s=19

Undoubtedly going to be a very different program but I think broadcasters are getting the hang of doing things differently.
I was just about to post the link. Excellent news, as I thought Springwatch might be a casualty on TV like lots of other live events. I wonder what the changed format will be. But something to cheer us all up, with the present situation and the lockdown. 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
Ian.

Read today that Michaela won't be on it live because she's in South Africa but think she will be on it by film.

Hooray! Michaela is 'stuck' in South Africa, how many of you realise that she lives there and commutes to the UK to do odd bits of filming for programmes like Springwatch? Just like she used to commute here and back to SA every couple of weeks or so to do pieces for Countryfile some years back. Probably at the expense of the BBC licence payer too.
And she has the audacity to tell us to save the environment and be green.

Surely the BBC can find someone who lives in this country and produces a much smaller carbon footprint to present these programmes?

Just like that Backshall bloke who's spent much of his career travelling around the world chasing wildlife at BBC licence payers expense, only to last year, start telling everyone in the UK they should do more to save wildlife and the planet by holidaying in the UK. Hypocrites the lot of them.

Still won't be watching any of the 'Watch' output as it's been awful for too long anyway, will be out monitoring Nightjars and Woodcock on the local patch when it's on.

Rant over.

Episode 1 24 minutes 51 seconds into the programme - a Cetti's Warbler singing? In the Mendip Hills?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back